I was at a loss for what to write for our first entry in The Lee Family Blog (brainchild of my DH who must think I have spare time to document our adventures!) Then, Valentina posted the following on her & Ian's blog: (http://thinkingofeurope.blogspot.com/2008/03/much-awaited-darker-side-of-traveling.html). So in response to that entry, I have come up with the following:
1. "Public transportation:" sounds very similar to our minivan (the breath & body odors; the coughs & sneezes; the germs...
2. "Intermittent internet connection:" try typing one-handed with a 2 year old on your lap! If I let her roam around the room, inevitably she heads for our internet connection and unplugs it from the wall.
3. "Not always being able to express yourself or get the information you need:" English is often not commonly understood in this household. Particularly when the kids are watching TV (especially if "the oldest" is watching volleyball.)
4. "Carrying luggage:" This describes me! I'm lugging around this giant belly up & down stairs daily (often accompanied by a 30 lb. toddler. Not to mention the occasional laundry basket.)
5. "Flying: it's just a hassle in general...train travel is exponentially better." Just imagine.. some day we might travel with 5 kids. We'll be the most hated people on the plane!
6. "Looking for a place to sleep.. ": Sofia pretty much takes over our bed nightly. We have the occassional visits from Gabi & Stevie. Add to that Steve plus the twins, and even a king size bed is not big enough. I have often thought about sneaking into Stevie's room and sleeping on the top bunk (where no one will find me).
7. "Eating:" My idea of eating healthy is getting a Filet O Fish at McDonald's instead of a Big Mac. We often eat our "familiar cuisine" in the "public transportation."
8. "Wearing the same clothes:" I have almost outgrown all of my maternity clothes and still have 10+ weeks to go. I am down to 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts that are suitable for work and the weekends... (well let's just say I'm no J'Lo when it comes to maternity fashion these days).
9. "The feeling of being a tourist:" Only applies when Steve & I have a night alone and go to a real restaurant. I wonder if we still know which fork to use (since most of the food we eat these days can be eaten without silverware).
10. "Stamina:" Ask me what this means in about 5 years.
11. "Family and friends:" No complaints here.. Except we wish Tio Ian and Tia Valentina were here!
hahaha- that was good! I'm very happy this blog has kicked off. I plan to hassle you to add pictures and videos of the kids so I can stay up to date no matter where I am.
YAY to the new blog! I'm already awaiting the next entry about how one plans to operate after a 66% increase in children.
I love what you did with the post! You see, no need for envy...we are living the same life! Can't wait to start seeing pics of the kids on here. :)
Thanks, Ian, for the sobering statistic. YIKES! Hopefully it doesn't translate into a 66% increase in expenses because we are in serious trouble then. : ) We may have to move in with you guys in Atlanta.
We really do have a lot in common. I plan to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a tall glass of Guinness too!! j/k
By the way, that comment above is MARY not "D. Steven"
You may have to make Gabi and Stevie start working? Not a bad plan.
Công ty vận chuyển chúng tôi chuyên cung cấp các dịch vụ liên quan đến dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng hóa. Có thể kể đến như giao hàng nhanh toàn quốc, ký gửi hàng hóa, dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh, ... Những dịch vụ chúng tôi cung cấp đã được sự ủng hộ nhiệt tình của quý khách hàng. Hiện nay chúng tôi không ngừng cải tiến chất lượng dịch vụ để đem lại cho quý khách trải nghiệm tốt hơn. Nếu bạn còn bân khuân về giá cả thì hãy xem qua bảng giá dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh trong nước để tìm hiểu về giá cả dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh hay bảng giá cước giao hàng nhanh của chúng tôi so với những nơi khác nhé.
Mình cũng đồng tình với suy nghĩ này, cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẽ.
Bạn đang làm bên lĩnh vực gì, mình có thể hợp tác chứ?
Bên mình chuyên về lĩnh vực dich vu van tai hang hoa, cung cấp dịch vụ xe gui hang di Ha Noi, gui hang nhanh ra Quang Ninh, gửi hàng nhanh ra Bắc Giang, gửi hàng ra Lạng Sơn, gui hang di Thai Nguyen gia re, gửi hàng đi Bắc Cạn giá rẻ, gửi hàng đi Cao Bằng giá rẻ, xe gửi hàng ra Tuyên Quang.
Nếu bên bạn chuyên về lĩnh vực thang may gia dinh 350 kg, thang may tai khach mitsubishi và thang máy bệnh viện thì bên mình sẽ chiết khấu tốt cho bạn nhé.
Post a Comment